Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Disagreements...Why do they hurt, or not...

Here's a thought I had this morning, and wanted to share with you all.

Have you ever had a fight or disagreement(AUTHOR'S NOTE: I prefer the latter term, I HATE the word fight) with a significant other, and you were in the middle of it and felt your heart breaking into pieces, and could see it start to affect the lives of those around you?

I have.

Here's the explanation I came up with.

When you have a disagreement with a person you love and care for deeply, your heart will start to break somewhere in the midst of it. That heartbreak is because you care about the person, and because you wish you were on the same page. In reality, you and your significant other may not just be on different pages, but you may be in different BOOKS.

Hearts break at different speeds. The person I was fighting with, her heart began to break halfway through, while mine didn't take but a quarter of the way through a 25 minute disagreement. That's caring and love right there. And it does not even have to be a disagreement with, and love of, the opposite sex. It can be love for a friend, a family member...whatever. The point is, hearts break because of love...and this extends to even in the midst of a disagreement.

Courage + Belief = Life,

Jeremy

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I totally agree.

coltfan said...

things really can get bad when you both know how to push eachother's buttons. I know from experience.