Monday, October 19, 2009

I Like Trae Huffman Because...

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I began this series some time back to spotlight friends I felt deserved it. I still feel all my friends deserve said spotlight - but, I got away from the series for a bit for reasons I'm not very clear on. But it's back... Way back on May 12th, I wrote about this man's girlfriend, Lindsay Zeis. Now, it's HIS turn for the spotlight. Introducing, Trae Huffman.

I first met Trae Huffman in September of 2008. I was taking part in the annual Walk To Cure Diabetes in Newport, Kentucky. I didn't know much about him - all that I knew was that this man was Lindsay Zeis' boyfriend and I was getting a chance to meet him.

At first interaction, I knew this guy was cool. He didn't have a bad word to say to me. He seemed like, and is, a really nice dude. That said, I wouldn't want to be on his bad side - because at the same time, he looks like a man who would go Chuck Norris like at the drop of a fist. (Although as long as YOU'RE not his target, that's a good quality.)

From the second I saw how he interacted with Lindsay, who I've previously talked of before in glowing terms, I knew he was going to treat her very well. And he has.

I don't know much more about him. I'm sure he has family that he loves to death...but, beyond that, I'm sad to say I don't know much. What I know of him, I like.

Trae does have a dog, who he makes sure he takes good care of. This year at the WTCD, which was once again held in BEAUTIFUL Newport, he brought this dog along with him. I have a picture of the dog here I think...

Above: Diesel at the 2009 Walk To Cure Diabetes, Newport, Kentucky. Photo by me.

But yes, Trae likes his dog. And he LOVES Lindsay. And in my eyes as her friend AND his, that's all that matters.

Anyway, the reason I decided to write about Trae today was not to go through a specific order. Indeed, it's because of events of this weekend. (I noted this in my previous, classic post, in the update.) Trae and Lindsay got engaged over this past weekend. So it made me feel bad because I haven't gotten to know him like I should, BUT, I know enough to know Why I Like Trae Huffman.

Courage + Belief = LIFE

No comments: