Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Giving Up Caffeine - Day 1

Last week, I announced my plans to cut back (or out) my caffeine intake beginning Monday and just generally get (or stay) healthy in my 24th year of life.

Due to other things that needed done that might have thrown my plans off track, I pushed that back a day to alleviate the stress and the temptation.

I'm glad I did, because I am proud to say that I did not touch a DROP of caffeine all day Tuesday. I drank caffeine-free Diet Coke (and LIKED IT) and water, all day.

Today is day two. And my body is feeling the effects of yesterday. I woke up around 4:30 this morning, throwing up and with a headache. Oh, and CRAVING caffeine!

It may be worth it in the end...but my body is trying to tell me it's not.

I had some inspiration though. Sheena Clifford is someone who's become very important to my life and my world over the last few days. She kept me from thinking about how BADLY I wanted that caffeine fix...and because of her, I didn't give in. Thank u sweetheart...

Courage + Belief = LIFE

No comments: