Monday, July 6, 2009

Classic Post: I Like Cliff Because...

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I originally posted this back on March 12. Following the passing of Cliff's brother Allen yesterday, I felt it was a good time for this to be posted again.

I was first introduced to Cliff via Ohio Media Watch, which was the inspiration for my initial blog at Tri-State Media Watch. He put up a post introducing me to the blog-o-sphere, to which of course I reciprocated and prominently featured him (and still do) in my links on that blog.

A short time afterwards, I launched this blog for those who aren't media geeks like myself. And again, Cliff was very good about promoting the new blog space, doing a post specifically about it. And a short time later, several people began floating over, in fact much of my reader base for this blog, came from Cliff's which I am very grateful for.

Every day, I receive an email from Cliff with a devotional attached to it. I take time every day and read this, and it has helped inspire me for my day. Earlier this week, you'll recall, I asked the others who receive these devotionals for prayers in dealing with this latest bout with depression. Cliff has some great friends who read these devotionals, too...because the response was overwhelming. Cliff surrounds himself with nothing but the best, most positive, caring people in the world.

Cliff also writes poetry, much like I have been known to. His blog Whattville is on the Other Side of the Tracks is a blog in which Cliff expresses his creativity. This is writing the likes of which I could only hope to match.

And of course, there's the other Christ-like qualities Cliff has. His blog Seek Him First is full of good, inspirational stuff for the Christian soul. Whenever I see he's written something new there (which, I need to put both the latter of his blogs in my follow list, before I get scatterbrained), I look to see what he might have for me.

All of this, and more, is why I like Cliff. If you have never read his blogs, go read them. If you came here from his blog, be sure you remind him just how great of a man he really is.

Courage + Belief = LIFE

2 comments:

Cliff said...

I appreciate all the kindness shown from you and others in the past two days. May God richly bless you for your efforts.

Mike Golch said...

you are truely a great warm and caring soul.