Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Update After the Appointment...Plus Thanks...

Well, I promised an update, and here it is.

I had my appointment at 2 ET. It went okay. They've put me on Flexeril for my back pains. It's thought that the scoliosis MAY be worsening once again. If you recall, I had my spine straightened in 1998. That won't be known until we figure out if the new chair will help matters.

Speaking of the new chair - I will be going to the Drake Center in Cincinnati sometime this winter for an evaluation. They'll determine what will work best for me in terms of a wheelchair.

Finally, as to my depression, I'll be monitored closely to see what happens with that.

And, they're setting me up with a pulmonary doctor and an adult urologist.

Now, some thanks need to go out to Cliff of WIXY's Gone Bananas fame as well as Frasypoo (Joyce) of This and That fame and Jen of Unglazed fame for the prayers throughout the afternoon. They were, and remain, much needed at this time.

The hardest part of the week is over. Now...to return to "normal" - if I can call being in pain and yet not depressed "normal"...

Courage + Belief = LIFE

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like some good news. :)
I'm thrilled to hear you are getting a proper chair too! yeah.