Monday, May 4, 2009

The idea keeps coming to my head...

As most of you know, I was a daytime internet radio DJ for the longest time. A few years, in fact.

Well recently, the broadcasting bug seems to be biting in a different way.

I recently have been following the story of a Low Power FM station starting up soon in my hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio for my other blog, Tri-State Media Watch. And now, I'm thinking of branching into the world of live, local talk. (Something that seems to be lacking in some markets, and in fact something only covered by WLW-AM lately, but I digress, lest I get into a media rant here.)

My idea? I would like to do a show about issues facing disabled citizens of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. My thinking is I could bring in various local officials, question them, and maybe get a sense of some of what the local community is doing.

I could also bring in people from organizations such as the Spina Bifida Association of Cincinnati, the Muscular Dystrophy Association's local chapter, and others.

What do you all think? Is this something you think I should do? Keeping in mind that for all this time, I have done only music-based shows, and would still have to be certified by Media Bridges, among other things...

1 comment:

Cliff said...

To be honest, I think a show of that type would be received well as there would be a very wide variety of related topics that could be discussed.