Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Like Trisha Chell Because...

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Tonight I continue the "I Like...Because..." series, with another person I have known for a few years who has been an extremely positive influence on my life. This person is Trisha Chell.

Trisha and I go back a couple of years.

We both attend Florence Baptist Church here in Florence. (Again, an unintentional pattern here. Most of my Facebook friends are believers.) Trisha and I are both part of the College/Singles/Young Adults ministry. From day one of our friendship, Trisha has proven herself to be a great friend.

Trisha is always there when you need someone to stand by you. Always. It never fails...when you need to hear something, she will tell it to you as it is, straight up. Even when her own needs are great...she's there for me and her other friends.

Trisha has a strong, and I do mean strong, faith in the Lord. Wasn't always that way, but she's grown in her faith and is one of the wiser people I know of the 20-35 age group. I mean really.

Trisha makes time for those closest to her. Whether it is a visit with her friends here, or a recent trip to see someone she is very close to in VA (I'm not sure whether you could call him her boyfriend, but his name is Shawn), she finds the time, usually on weekends, but I always see her on Tuesday nights. And this is all after working 3rd shift, 10 PM to 7 AM, at a local hotel in Crescent Springs.

I don't really know what else to say, so I am going to end this here. As always, if you know Trisha, take time out of your week to encourage her and to remind her that her friendship is appreciated.

No comments: