Monday, June 29, 2009

Review of Chickenfoot's First CD Effort - This CD ROCKS!

When I saw a one-line review of the band Chickenfoot's new CD by WKRQ-FM 101.9/Cincinnati midday DJ Grover Collins early last week, my first thought was, "I need to get my hands on this."

So Wednesday, I dropped the cash on it. (Because of a reward certificate, I was able to get almost 90 percent off of it. It is $9.99 at local Best Buy stores.)

As I was listening to it, my next thought was this: They still got it!

I am going to have to listen to get the gist of what each song is about. But you can tell there is a lot of experience behind this record. The band is fronted by Sammy Hagar on vocals, with Michael Anthony on bass, Chad Smith doing drums and Joe Satriani on guitar. Yes, Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony are the same guys from Van Halen of the 1980s. Smith has The Red Hot Chili Peppers to his credit. Satriani is more known for being a solo artist, however he was also part of Deep Purple in 1994.

Each song is infused with that rock style men like Hagar and Anthony were known for. They start fast and keep that beat pretty much through the end, and then right into the next song. Basically, if you like high-energy rock and roll, this CD is for you. Likewise, if you liked either of the bands that the members of Chickenfoot came from, this is for you, as they take all of those bands and combine them to make one, likely-to-be-a-success band and record!

Recommendation: GET THIS CD! Can't emphasize it enough!
Specific songs I liked: "Avenida Revolution", "Oh Yeah", "Runnin Out", "Future In The Past"...and that's not even half the ones I liked! Actually I liked every song on it!

Courage + Belief = LIFE

No comments: